- Trading Name: Klarpay
- Legal Entity: Klarpay AG
- Activities: Corporate Accounts and Merchant Payments
- Location: Switzerland
- Regulation: regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA)
- Key People: Mikhel Vitsur (Linkedin), Martynas Bieliauskas (Linkedin), Christos Alatzidis (Linkedin), Marc Evans (Linkedin)
Klarpay is the trading style of Klarpay AG, a company registered in Zurich and regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA). The FinTech was founded in 2019 by former BDSwiss managers.
Klarpay comes across as a sort of BDSwiss spin-off. At least when it comes to the involved people.
- Mikhel Vitsur, co-founder of and former Chairman of BDSwiss AG, is the co-founder and Chairman of Klarpay;
- The Lithuanian Martynas Bieliauskas, the former director and co-founder of BDSwiss Group, co-founded Klarpay and is its CEO;
- the Greek Christos Alatzidis, former BDSwiss CIO & CTO, co-founded Klarpay and is its CEO;
- The former BDSwiss Chief Financial Officer Marc Evans joined Klarpay in Feb 2022 as Chief Financial Officer.
Klarpay focuses exclusively on e-commerce, digital merchants, and social media influencers. Klarpay offers merchants all-in-one business banking services, including access to multi-currency IBAN accounts, global payment acceptance, and digital disbursement services.
They offer 436 payment acceptance methods in over 96 regions. Likewise, the firm can release funds to 169 countries through 65 local methods.
Their service includes:
Store funds (in CHF, EUR, USD, GBP)
In Aug 2022, Klarpay launched a cross-border business payment solution that can be managed via its payments dashboard or via a single API integration, reducing merchant clients’ costs and speeding up their cross-border payments.
In May 2022, Payabl successfully organized a seed finance round for Klarpay and also invested itself. In total, Klarpay was injected with CHF 3 million. As part of the Payabl engagement in Klarpay, Ugne Buraciene, Group CEO of Payabl, was appointed as advisor to Klarpay.
As reported by FinTelegram recently, the key people of Payabl (formerly Powercash21) are former managers of the Wirecard scheme – Dietmar Knoechelmann, his wife Ayelet Fruchtlander Knoechelmann, Ruediger Trautmann, and Frank Schoonbaert. Payabl was the absorbing legal entity of former Wirecard satellite schemes such as Inatec or Powercash21 (report here).
We have not found any complaints about Klarpay and thus include it in our “Green Compliance Signal” list.